I own you - art made with paper and glue

As a child, I loved drawing little worlds inhabited by critters. It usually started with one creature living in a house made out of leaves and broken glass but this soon developed into a whole world on its own, with cableways between flowers for transporting honey and squirrels wearing glasses against the flying wood chips of a woodpecker. If my world didn't fit on the page anymore, I simply glued a new one on top and began building another layer on it, like in a pop-up book.

Somehow that memory hit me while watching the amazing “I Own You”, a clip for Wax Tailor featuring Charlie Winston. French studio SoLab seems to have created a little world out of paper and glue just as I did. Uhm, oh, well, they might have done a better work than I have ever... but still!

Wax Tailor feat. Charlie Winston " I Own You" from SoLab on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make your own moss world: Kokedama Tutorial

I am dreaming of a small Christmas world...

The importance of looking carefully